I just turned 30. They say it’s a big one; I say thank you very much for inviting me here!
These first 10 are featured in Women Who Run with the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estés:
The following 20 stem from my memory–books, teachings, and many wise friends i’ve had over the years.
I hope some of these will resonate and inspire!
11. Keep a clean, organized space.
12. Have nice posture.
13. Practice listening without interrupting (or thinking of what you will say next).
14. Watch more documentaries…the more you learn…
15. Do what you love and do it often.
16. When you are afraid to do what you love, do it more often.
17. Take your dreams seriously.
18. Make friends with yourself (we are our own worst enemies).
19. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” ~ Dalai Lama
20. Be more outrageous (without causing harm to others).
21. Wake up in the morning and thank the sun/Bob Dylan/other heroes and set your intentions for a positive and productive day. One day at a time.
22. Respect your craft and dedicate yourself to mastering technique.
23. If we got the good seat at the table, that means someone else did not. Lend a hand. Everyone needs one in some way or another.
24. Relax the mind and shoulders and jaw and breathe.
25. Greet your obstacles, thank them, and then keep going.
26. Travel and meet new people. Get out of your comfort zone again and again.
27. Say it straight, simple, and with a smile.
28. Be kind and be honest.
29. Learn how to tune in to happiness, and practice staying tuned in. It takes effort.
30. E x p a n d the scope of love.
And a few photos below from a very happy birthday week…
photos by Mia Baxter